• • • 1st WASAG International Forum on water scarcity in agriculture 19th– 22nd March 2019, Cabo Verde
International Foundation For Science (IFS) will participate in the 1st WASAG International Forum on water scarcity in agriculture to be held on 19th-22nd March 2019, Praia, Cabo Verde. The last day of the forum will coincide with the celebrations of the World Water Day 2019, with the theme “Leaving no one behind”, during which the World Water Development Report (WWDR) will be presented. Objectıves of the forum:
- Raise awareness about the impacts of climate change, the importance of sustainable management on water in agriculture and of healthy ecosystems and their services.
- Identify the specific needs and agree on priority actions to address water scarcity in agriculture, focusing on SIDS and West African countries.
- Share experiences in addressing water scarcity in agriculture in the context of climate change.
- Establish collaboration between partners and stakeholders to ensure their commitment to finance priority actions.
- Mobilize resources to address the growing issues of water scarcity in agriculture in SIDS and the West African countries.
The forum aims at identifying concrete – practical, innovative and collaborative- solutions to address water scarcity in agriculture in a changing climate. The Forum is open to partners, stakeholders, academics, practitioners, and policy makers from the public and private sectors and civil society. Deadline for submissions of papers or posters is 10 February 2019.